Watch as I explore a new country, culture, language... and everything in between.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

here in pamplona!

ahhh it´s so good to be online! i cannot stand this lack of communication i feel.

right now i´m in some spanish class with real spanish kids but the teacher let me and a friend come in to use the computers during class. how confusing! i couldn´t understand what she was saying at all! i just had my first class and it was pretty good. she talks fast but she uses mostly words taht i understand, and that´s quite a step up from some of the tours i got yesterday. i think i will do ok in class, but it is gonna be very hard i just attended my first 400 level class ever! eek!) anyhow, my suitcase has arrived and will be delivered to my apartment today! i´m sooooooooo so happy. i can´t even describe in words the comfort it gives me. phew.

this is so strange. i swear, half of my thoughts are in spanish now! when i wake up, it´s difficult to start in spanish. but i find myself replying to people automatically in spanish sometimes now. and perhaps it isn´t too long from the time i will be dreaming in spanish!

this life is crazy. i feel like there are a gazillion new suprises everyday and i often want to cry or laugh or something because i´m so overwhelmed with excitement. there´s just so much emotion in me. but i miss everyone soo so much and there is nothing i can do to get that out of my head. i dreamed i was home last night and i was crying of happiness but i knew it would end so soon and i didn´t want to go back to spain. tears are welling up in my eyes at this moment. being here is so bittersweet. i miss everything and yet i have so much to learn here! i´m so so overwhelmed. in a good way though.

i can possibly get text messages... try this number and we´ll see if it works, but keep in mind it costs 10 cents for each of us for each message i think. 01134638718280

hope it works! i´ll message back if i get messages.

No comments: