Watch as I explore a new country, culture, language... and everything in between.

Friday, January 5, 2007

two days left.

So, i just learned these things.





1. there are no smoking sections anywhere in spain - they smoke in airports, all parts of restaurants.


2. you can drink in the street.


3. public displays of affection are totally acceptable.


4. the ok sign is very offensive, and a thumbs up has no meaning


5. i cannot understand about 1/4-1/3 of the spanish that i read


6. stores close at "lunchtime" 1-3 pm


7. wine is cheaper than coke (the pop, that is)


8. bread, olive oil, and ham are very good.


9. people like to stand uncomfortably close.


10. my host mom might hate me. i'm scared.


11. you are a party pooper if you go home at 4 a.m. oh no.


12. there is history in every part of pamplona. cathedrals, etc.


13. when people meet me, they will kiss both of my cheeks.


14. i better start liking coffee now, cuz it's the most popular thing to do.


15. i am FREAKING out.


16. Oh yea, I'll live next to this:




La Ciudadela

No comments: